Creative Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Corner

Writings, artwork, movies, music, anything and everything.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Save button

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RaspberryTickleBear
Legend
Legend
RaspberryTickleBear

Save button Empty
PostSubject: Save button   Save button I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 5:56 am

Okay, so I'm writing a story here. One day I was writing and my dad said he had to take his computer (the one I was typing on) with him to work. On other forums, when I'm writing a story, I can click the 'save' button, and it saves a draft of it. Here, I noticed there was no save button, so I had to have the website minimized all day with my dad. I thought it was kind of ironic, this being a site where you can write, but you can't save if you don't finish.

Could a save button be added?
Back to top Go down
WalrusGumboot
Legend
Legend
WalrusGumboot

Save button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save button   Save button I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:40 am

Yes, that would be extremely helpful. But for now, you can save all your work as a Microsoft Word document (or whatever word processor you use, I happen to like OpenOffice a lot) and write the story there and then upload it when you're done. That's what I do, mostly because I can't type out an entire chapter of mine in one sitting.

Hope it helps
Walrus
Back to top Go down
http://aviary.com/artists/WalrusGumboot/creations
Joe Cool
Legend
Legend
Joe Cool

Save button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save button   Save button I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:39 pm

I don't think the feature is available in phpBB. But I think I found my next coding project!
Back to top Go down
WalrusGumboot
Legend
Legend
WalrusGumboot

Save button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save button   Save button I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 am

Joe Cool wrote:
I don't think the feature is available in phpBB. But I think I found my next coding project!
Are you sure? I've seen it on phpBB forums before, but I don't know whether it was just admins making custom save buttons or a feature of phpBB.
Back to top Go down
http://aviary.com/artists/WalrusGumboot/creations
Joe Cool
Legend
Legend
Joe Cool

Save button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save button   Save button I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Yep, I had a test phpBB environment a while ago on my computer. The feature does not come by default, and I'm not sure this webhost will allow you to install add-ons...
On the terms of my program, I have it all ready, except for a login variable in the settings that I need. Once I get that variable from El Shade, I'll release it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Save button Empty
PostSubject: Re: Save button   Save button I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Save button
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Corner :: Other :: Feedback-
Jump to: