Creative Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Corner

Writings, artwork, movies, music, anything and everything.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum skins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WalrusGumboot
Legend
Legend
WalrusGumboot

Forum skins Empty
PostSubject: Forum skins   Forum skins I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:26 pm

I've used phpBB before and I'm aware that a vast array of skins are available... Could more be uploaded so the board would be more customizable? Its mostly because looking at this particular skin strains my eyes, I prefer dark text on a light background, others have different preferences obviously, but that's the point of multiple skins.
Back to top Go down
http://aviary.com/artists/WalrusGumboot/creations
Joe Cool
Legend
Legend
Joe Cool

Forum skins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum skins   Forum skins I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:13 pm

I saw another forum a long time ago go from one skin to 20+, and immediately it failed, the reason sprouting from the skins as seen by all the comments left on the admin's profile. The admin from Sporedum also told me that people don't look for features, they look for community. How do you think Google became so popular? Because of it's simple, friendly interface. So I think that adding all these skins would simply destroy the forum. BUT, you are not the only one to complain about hurting eyes. I tried contacting El Shade Moose a while ago, but he still hasn't replied. I don't have Admin privileges, so I can't do anything about it myself. (I would consult El Shade Moose first if I did, anyway) If you are on a Mac, like me, flipping the colors sometimes helps. (Cmd-Shift-8 )
Back to top Go down

Forum skins
Page 1 of 1