Creative Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Corner

Writings, artwork, movies, music, anything and everything.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Roleplay: Planning

Go down 
+7
Da_StrongWill
WalrusGumboot
magmak
Paige
Echelon
El Shade Moose
leestriter
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
leestriter
Legend
Legend

The First Roleplay: Planning Empty
PostSubject: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:35 pm

What exactly do we even want? I was considering something more literate, focused on individuals.
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm in.

Perhaps we could do....

1. A divine RP.
2. A Roleplaying-esque RP.
3. Something totally creative.
4. Something totally metaphorical, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Hm. Shade, have you ever seen The Wanderer? That was an absolute epic, and I would love to participate in one of those. Manifest Destiny is another excellent example, rps with rich plot and story, but that branch into a whole universe. You can do everything, but it still goes forward in a plot.
Back to top Go down
Echelon
Legend
Legend
Echelon

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:57 pm

I've been working on a sort of relaunch of Manifest Destiny, I can PM someone my prototype OP.
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Wanderer, wasn't that about the species that was Space Age level that got shipwrecked on an island?

Only thing about Manifest Destiny I know is that it was a divine RP, I believe....
Back to top Go down
Echelon
Legend
Legend
Echelon

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:21 pm

El Shade Moose wrote:
Wanderer, wasn't that about the species that was Space Age level that got shipwrecked on an island?

Only thing about Manifest Destiny I know is that it was a divine RP, I believe....

No, Manifest Desinty was not a divine RP, it was set during 21st century Earth. An Earth genius named Dustin had constructed a spaceship way ahead of any technology in existence on Earth, and launched to go explore the galaxy. Dustin ran into an alien race called the Cthuorians, while several other races found Earth, who's moon was revealed to contain a very valuable as well as volatile metal. Trouble ensues. The plot builds around it.
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Well I was close.

They both sound fun but neither of them really jumps out at me. Awwww screw it what I mean is that they sound like they'd be a blast but I think there's something else we could do that would be better. I just don't know what it is.
Back to top Go down
Echelon
Legend
Legend
Echelon

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:25 pm

Well the plot was sandbox when the RP started, so it can be customized to fit the people playing it.

I've also thought about making a Firefly based RP, though I'm not sure exactly how to construct it.
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:26 pm

I brought this up on the other forums in the Brain Dump section, big waste of time.

How about a zombie RP, but not with you killing zombies, you as a zombie? Like a sentient one, with the worst of both worlds: you're getting screwed by other zombies and people. Don't know what sort of a plotline we could build off that.
Back to top Go down
Echelon
Legend
Legend
Echelon

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Sounds like the game Sonny.
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:13 pm

I have always wanted a sort of space age apocalypse rp.
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:13 pm

@Echelon: Yes but I'd make it a lot more different. More plotline, Sonny has a deep plotline for flash games but a shallow one for everything else. A different one as well. We don't want finding a tape player to be the driving force of our RP.

@Leestriter: Sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Legend
Legend
Paige

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:16 pm

So... you haven't decided on anything yet, but you're contemplating on Sonny and Manifest Destiny?
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:17 pm

And a few others. This is a brainstorming phase, we're not entirely sure what we want yet, we're just throwing ideas out there until we like one.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Legend
Legend
Paige

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Oh. Okay. I don't have any input right now, if you're wondering what I'm doing on this forum. I'm just observing.
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Feel free to help us make it. We need all the help, and members, we can get.
Back to top Go down
Paige
Legend
Legend
Paige

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:40 pm

I'll see what I can do. Which, frankly, is not very much.

Wait! Idea! No, way too stupid.
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:47 pm

See the two guides for RP'ing if you've never RP'ed before.
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Stupid ideas can be the framework of genius.
Back to top Go down
Echelon
Legend
Legend
Echelon

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:13 pm

El Shade Moose wrote:
See the two guides for RP'ing if you've never RP'ed before.

Which were apparently copied word for word from the Sporums. It even refers to mods as "Sporemasters"
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:43 am

So, we agreed on a single character literate rp?
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 am

Sounds good to me, lee.

@Ech: I should probably fix that in a minute.
Back to top Go down
Echelon
Legend
Legend
Echelon

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:04 pm

leestriter wrote:
So, we agreed on a single character literate rp?

Indeed
Back to top Go down
El Shade Moose
Legend
Legend
El Shade Moose

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Is it going to be fantastical or scientific?

We could crossbreed those two and get scientologists?
Back to top Go down
leestriter
Legend
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Generally, I like science fiction. The science isn't perfect, but carries that idea.

Any advanced enough technology looks like magic, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay: Planning   The First Roleplay: Planning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Roleplay: Planning
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next